Digital marketing is surely the new in-thing, but it’s not all that different from traditional marketing per say. In both cases, you have a product or service that needs a customer, so you as a marketer try and sell the product by engaging potential buyers/users. The process of identifying the target market, engaging, and closing a sale is typical to both traditional as well as digital marketing.
However, digital marketing encompasses, even more, roles and skills than marketing ever before, and it’s this flexible, versatile nature of the business that makes it so fascinating and easy to adopt by both multinationals and small business setups, alike. But, how and why is digital marketing such a big deal? Let’s figure out!
Benefits of Digital Marketing for Businesses in Pakistan – Big or Small
- It allows for a global reach– a website helps you find new markets and trade globally with only a small investment.
- It allows for lower cost– a well-structured digital marketing campaign enables you to reach out to the right customers in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- It guarantees trackable, measurable results– measuring your online marketing with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it simple and easy to evaluate performance and figure out mistakes. These useful insights can then be used to tweak the plan of action to suit your target audience and achieve optimal results.
- There is room for personalisation– if your customer database is linked to the website, then on every visit they will only receive offers that are targeted to them based on their buying behavior, and preferences. The more they buy from your website, the better you may refine each customer’s individual profile and market products as effectively as possible.
- It fosters a culture of openness– social media is probably the only and best way to engage with customers in real time through interactive conversations, which in turn helps to build customer loyalty. It’s open, two-way communication culture enables a close bonding between the business and customer, allowing for a meaningful exchange of dialogue.
- It ensures good conversion rates – with a business website, your customers are only ever a few clicks away from making a purchase. This is better than traditional marketing tools, because a conscious effort would otherwise be required by the customer, where they either make a phone call or visit a shop to buy the product that they need or want. Digital marketing has made it both seamless and agile for the common man.
Here are a few reasons that make digital marketing in Pakistan a good option for your business and as a career.
Digital marketing seems like the right choice for all types of organization, big or small. If you are thinking about pursuing a career in digital marketing, you are on the right track.
The art of building corporate identity or a personal brand relies heavily on successful and creative marketing strategies developed in the online space. It is also becoming a popular choice amongst the millennials. They are the largest group of consumers online, usually found scrolling through their Instagram or Facebook feeds. According to a survey results, an average millennial spends 18 hours a day consuming media.
Generation Z is next in line, aspiring to become part of the digital force. With snapchat and Instagram becoming popular choices, teenagers have found communication through selfies, static images and videos convenient and fun.
Professional marketers are most useful in identifying their target market and building a sensible strategy based on their product or service. This is instrumental to any business striving for growth and aspiring to rise above its competition. An experienced digital marketer is instrumental for any type of business, big or small.